The EADPH was founded in 1996 as an international and independent science-based forum for professionals having a special interest in dental public health and community dentistry.
The objective of the EADPH e.V. is the promotion of dental public health, which is defined by the association as the science and art of preventing oral diseases, promoting oral health and improving the quality of life through the organized efforts of society. This concerns not only actions directed at populations as a whole, but also at the groups and individuals that make up populations.
Dental Public Health is the science and art of preventing oral diseases, promoting oral health, and improving quality of life through the organised efforts of society. This concerns not only actions directed at populations as a whole, but also at groups and individuals who make up populations.
EADPH organises an annual meeting where exchange of information takes place between researchers, practitioners, and policy makers. Meetings consist of plenary sessions with invited keynote speakers and free contributions.
EADPH has several Special Interest Groups. These groups consist of members with a specific interest in a particular area.
EADPH collaborates with Community Dental Health as its official journal. Each issue contains the EADPH Newspage where members can exchange relevant information.
For further information on EADPH, past & future meetings, and activities of Special Interest Groups, please re-visit this website or, alternatively, contact Huda Yusuf the secretary of EADPH.
The objectives of EADPH are:
- to promote effective oral health care and oral health strategies within Europe;
- to be an advocate on oral health issues;
- to be supportive of oral health initiatives within countries;
- to raise the profile of oral health by developing links with the European Commission;
- to work towards the development, recognition, teaching, and academic base of the speciality within Europe;
- to promote research into oral health and health services and encourage the application of research findings into practice;
- to work constructively with industry by providing a network and expertise in the evaluation of products and to harmonise advice on products impacting on oral health across Europe;
- to work and liaise with other international organisations in the field of health.