Chair: Professor Andreas Schulte
During the 2008 EADPH conference in Heidelberg, six Special Interest Working Group Workshops were launched. Since then the working groups have met in Tromso (2009), Constanta (2010), Rome (2011), London (2012), Malta (2013), Göteborg (2014, Istanbul (2015), Budapest (2016), Vilnius (2017), Palma de Mallorca (2018) and Ghent (2019). In 2012, two further groups (Quality of Life and Dental Public Health Education) were established and one group (Health Services Research) stopped work. In 2017, it was decided to start in 2018 an other further Special Interest Group (Oral Health and Special Care Dentistry), which was approved by the AGM. This group started work in 2018. In 2019, the EADPH Executive Board decided to change the name of the Special Interest Group Periodontal Epidemiology to Special Interest Group in Periodontology.
The long-term aims of the Special Interest Working Groups are to:
- Explore and discuss the “current state of the art and science” in the topic or a part of the topic.
- Bring together people with an interest in the topic concerned.
- Identify work that needs to be done to improve the “current state of the art and science”.
- Produce an appropriate communication (for example editorials, position papers, full research papers, reviews, declarations) that sets out the “current state of the art and science” and future work that needs to be carried out to improve it.
- Develop appropriate collaborations (for example with/among individuals, stakeholders and organisations) to address the identified deficiencies.
Prof. Andreas Schulte coordinates the Special interest working groups; if you are interested in one of the Special interest working groups, please contact him through andreas.schulte(at)uni-wh.de.
Position Papers of Special Interest Groups
In 2011, Prof Andreas Schulte wrote an editorial for Community Dental Health about the activities of the EADPH Special Interest Working Groups. Position papers are available from the Periodontology Group, from the Tooth Surface Loss/Erosion Group and from the Health Services Group. These documents can be downloaded here.
Chair: Professor Jenny Gallagher
Chair: Professor Georgios Tsakos
Chairs: Professor Nigel Pitts, Professor Klaus Pieper and Professor Carolina Gans
Chair: Dr Vasileios Margaritis
Chair: Professor Ken Eaton
A short description of the working group and its topics and interests.
Chairs: Professor Katrin Hertrampf and Dr Colwyn Jones